Are you our next Fashion Host?
Are you an inspirational leader with a love for fashion that can take responsibility for one of our beautiful stores? At Scotch & Soda we are looking for a new Fashion Host to join our retail division. It requires creativity, planning, great people skills and an eye for detail. Have you got what it takes? At Scotch & Soda the retail experience is an important part of our brand. A Fashion Host needs to lead from the front and is responsible for the overall performance and management of the store, and the coaching and development of the team of stylists. You’ll be working closely with your team/Assistant Fashion Host, regional retail managers and various departments in our head office to bring to life the total Scotch & Soda retail experience while managing the operations and performance of your store. There will be sales targets to meet but to create a great customer experience, you’ll also need to embrace our brand, add your individual flair and tap into what makes your team tick. This is an ideal role for someone that wants to develop his or her career in fashion management and that can bring out the best in a team while keeping focused on the bigger picture.
What are we asking from you?
• Being a brand ambassador for Scotch & Soda, creating the ultimate Scotch & Soda experience for our customers.
• Setting an example and leading a team to ensure that they are proactive in offering the best service while sharing their passion for retailing and love for our brand.
• Taking ultimate responsibility for the management of all store operations, administration, the visual presentation of the store/collection and the correct implementation of our brand guidelines.
• Service and selling orientated, understands sales targets and can implement strategies to achieve the set targets.
• Setting the tone within the team, nurture morale and create a happy and productive work environment that represents the culture of our brand.
• Having an awareness of the training resources available and being able to teach, coach and develop your team to their full potential.
• Recruitment and retention, including interviewing and end of year appraisals.
• Liaising with regional managers and other relevant departments to communicate relevant information to the team and implement any outlined strategies.
• Being self-motivated to learn and committed to continuing your own professional development.
• Passion for your own personal styling and strong desires to represent the brand through your style daily.
What is expected of our Fashion Host?
• Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees while following up on work results.
• Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Achieves financial objectives; achieving an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service and selling requirements.
• Ensures communication of merchandise needs while maintaining and taking accountability for store inventory.
• Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures, including but not limited to external and internal loss prevention.
• Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
• Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by in training workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing programs, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Fashion Host Skills and Qualifications:
Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management, Proficiency, Client Relationships, Written and Verbal Communication.
About Scotch & Soda:
To all open-minded innovators, very essential executors and forward-seeing leaders: to all the extra milers. We are an ambitious fashion brand born on the Amsterdam canals, inspired by the world out there – by everywhere. From our Sydney based stylists to our VM’ers in Williamsburg, NYC – our global team reflects the world we pour into our clothes. Scotch & Soda nurtures a culture of ownership, discussion and respect and believes in backing the courageous in pursuit of their creative dreams. We are always looking for experts who excel in their respective fields as well as budding new talent to train. Treasures uncovered on worldly wonders are poured into collections and signature looks that clash eras, classics, places of inspiration, meshing unexpected fabrics and patterns. Our men’s, women’s, children’s and living collections, all start life at Number 22, our Canal-side design studio in a former church in the heart of Amsterdam. Scotch & Soda has over 150 stores and can be found in over 8000 doors including the best global department stores & independents, and in our store webstore online.
Visit http://www.scotch-soda.com for more information.
Interested in joining us? We can’t wait to hear from you!
Apply via the button below – it’ll take you through to Harver, our interactive platform, where we’ll ask you how you’d handle different situations (so-called ‘what if’ questions). Our tool works best on your phone or browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
Houston Galleria, 5085 Westheimer Rd., Suite #B2831, Houston, TX 77056